Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing an Element's name

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bhenry
550 Views, 1 Reply

Changing an Element's name

I made a model and brought it into IP2013 by means of FBX (and an .SAT file) and noticed that a few of the elements have the wrong name. This wouldn't be a big deal if I had noticed it BEFORE I animated the whole file, but such is life. I would have thought I could just slow double click on the element in the browser and just change it's name (it had a place holder name like 1083xxx and now we know it is actually 1096) but I can't. There's no right click options either. I am just wondering if this is a possibility or if I basically have to give up on it or restart from the beginning with the right imported element names...if so, that's INSANE. You should just be able to change the name. Especially if it came from an FBX (one way import, no switchback like in revit). It's not like I can change that piece and reimport the model and have all the same stuff happen, so I would literally have to start from scratch just to change one element's name (there are 1000 elements in the model).

Please fix this for SP3 or at least for 2014...

Thanks,

Brian Henry

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: bhenry

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your post. We do not allow the override of part/component names for any imported data into Publisher, but I can hear your frustration. One workaround you can do is to turn the incorrect component's visibility off for all snapshots, and import the component again with the new name. This way you only have to animate that one component in your assembly sequence and it will have the correct name.

Happy Publishing,

Timera

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report