Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't publish or export with free trial other than video

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
401 Views, 3 Replies

Can't publish or export with free trial other than video

I'm trying publish some snapshots as indivudal images, and have been unable to do so with the free trial. Under Publish, only video in 3 formats is available.  

I want my company to buy this product but I need to prove it will help with our technical documentation. 

Is this feature excluded from the free trial or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

The free trial is fully functional, so you should be able to export to every output option. This is the dropdown menu you should get from the Publish command:

publish.png

If you're seeing something different can you please send a screenshot? Also, where did you download the free trial from?

Thanks,

Timera

Autodesk

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the help. For some reason I was having trouble getting the menu to drop down anything but video formats, but it seems to be working fine now.

However, I still have one issue.  I brought a model into Publisher and created a detailed presentation.  Unfortunately, the model has changed so I need to bring in an update and have been unable to do so.  I've looked at tutorials showing which button to push, but so far, Update has not been an available option. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
TimeraAutodesk

My first question would be what kind of model did you import into Publisher that you're looking to update? Publisher only supports associative update of Inventor (.iam and ipt), Fusion DWG and Autodesk 123D files. If you're bringing in any other file formats then the update function is not supported at this time.

If you ARE using one of these formats, simply right click on the top level assembly from the Canvas Browser to launch the Update dropdown menu:

update.png

You can find all this, and additional information on our WikiHelp as well:

Thanks,

Timera

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report