Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access source files from menu

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
miQlo
1510 Views, 7 Replies

Can't access source files from menu

I can't access "Source Files" from the menu, it's not even visible. Why is that?

Do I need to be logged in to Vault? We are using Vault 2011 so I can't and what if you don't even use Vault.

I'm using Publisher 2013 SP3

sourcefiles.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
irene.chen
in reply to: miQlo

You need to select the imported assembly browser node and right click. Update function doesn't work for the sub bowser node.

-Irene

Message 3 of 8
miQlo
in reply to: irene.chen

Thanks Irene, I've found it now. But, it still doesn't show in some of my assemblies. I've altered the assembly hierarchy in Publisher by inserting other parts, is that why Source Files doesn't show?

Message 4 of 8
miQlo

I made some changes to parts and assemblies down the hierarchy outside of Publisher but Publisher doesn't recognize them. Nothing happens if I select Check File Status or if I replace the root assembly with the updated one. If I insert the assembly in a new document the changes are there.

Message 5 of 8
irene.chen

Did you select the sub-assembly?

Irene

Message 6 of 8
miQlo
in reply to: irene.chen

The Source Files menu isn't visible on anything else than the root-assembly so no.

Changes was made to a sub-assembly outside of Publisher. Right clicking on the root-assembly selecting Check file status / Update from local files doesn't work.

That is if we both define "sub" as lower down in the hierarchy.

Message 7 of 8
LeoWan

Hi,

In my understanding, you have a root assembly which has some sub assemblies.  You have inserted the root assembly into Publisher, then made some changes only to sub assembly and want to update them in Publisher . Am I right?

1. the Source file menu only show on root assembly browser node and the default "Components" node.

2. In your case, the root assembly seems has no changes. you can try force run Update command ( Right click on "Components" node, choose Source Files->Update All Components)

Thanks,

Publisher QA

Message 8 of 8
miQlo
in reply to: LeoWan

Thank you LeoWan, that worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report