Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can publisher files sync when they are saved outside vault?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jhire
648 Views, 3 Replies

can publisher files sync when they are saved outside vault?

So for example, if i have an assembly, and then i change that assembly, is there anything i can do so that those updates show up in publisher files that are stored outside of the vault?

You may be wondering why we would want to do this. Because we are having a lot of trouble with the vault.

Thanks all

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dherman469
in reply to: jhire

Hello,

Please look at the attached picture.  If you change an Inventor component or assembly file, you will see this green arrow icon in the Publisher file tree.  If you click on that icon, your publisher document will update to whatever changes you made in the models.  I should warn you that this can sometimes cause some errors in your snapshots, such as callouts now pointing to the wrong part or no part at all.  So, you should go through all your snapshots after an update.  I should also point out that this update is completely independent of Vault.  Publisher and Vault really don't have the type of integrations that you're used to in Inventor Pro.  I've asked the Vault guys to remedy that for future releases.  

Daniel Hermanson

Message 3 of 4
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: dherman469

Hi Guys,

Yes, you are able to update inventor assemblies from outside vault. You can update from a local source or even re-path to an assembly in Vault or on your local drive.

Check out the Wiki for more information and some videos: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Publisher/enu/2013/Help/0218-Import_C218/0223-Update_R223

Hope this is helpful,

Timera

Autodesk

Message 4 of 4
jhire
in reply to: jhire

thank you guys, that answered my question

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report