Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callout Struggles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mikeh7
408 Views, 2 Replies

Callout Struggles

Working on creating Parts pages for a service manual.  So what I want to do is only put callouts on the parts that are sellable.  For example lets say we have a 2 piece wheel which consists of the outer blank rim and the plate or disc that bolts to the axle.  I want a callout on the wheel weldment not the disc or the blank rim cause they're not sellable/servicable.  Only way I can seem to do that is to generate a parts list, unselect the components that I don't want in the list then use the Auto Callout/Balloon in the parts list.  If I happen to miss one I have to start  all over.

Am I missing something or is this the current workflow?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mccoym
in reply to: mikeh7

Hi,

If you miss one or two, you can always manually create the callout using the annotation tools and associate it with the property you wish to have displayed. Auto-balloon does exactly the same thing. You need not delete and recreate your tables.

Let me know if you need any further assistance with manually creating associated callouts.

Manjir McCoy

Software developer

Inventor Publisher

Message 3 of 3
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: mccoym

I explained to Manjiri that this is essentially a question of creating a callout that's associated with a sub-assembly, even though the leader points at a child part.  There is no good answer for this problem yet.  If I can find a workaround, I will post it here.

Jon Balgley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report