Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background image not linked to Publish Area

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kickseek
1569 Views, 4 Replies

Background image not linked to Publish Area

I want to be able to create a custom background with corporate logo watermarks, or whatever. I want to create this image in different software, and import it as a backgrouns image in IPB.

1) Create image exact size of Publish Area (in my case, 1280x720 pixels).

2) Insert image as background.

Result - Even though image is correct size, it is rescaled to fit the entire IPB screen instead of being centered on the Publish Area. If I resize the IPB window, the background image resizes and does not even maintain its acspect ratio.

The backgrouns image should be centered on the Publish Area, with the aspect ratio locked. If the Publish Area shape does not match the imported image, it should be automatically resized (maintaining aspect ratio) until it fills the Publish Area.

If there is a way to make this work, please tell me.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: kickseek

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry - this is an interesting issue you are having. The background function is built to expand to fit the entire workspace area (not just the Publish Area)... if you're looking to create a background that functions more as a "template" the workflow we use is to bring in the graphics we want (logo, etc.) as Images (Insert -> Image) and arrange them on the first snapshot. Any following snapshot created therafter will retain the same image layouts.

If you provide me your email address, I can send you a couple sample IPB's to help illustrate this (the files are too big to post on this forum).

Feel free to reach me at timera.hart@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Message 3 of 5
kickseek
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Thanks. It works are you explained. Still think it's odd that the background image applies to the workspace and not the Publish Area

Unfortunately, trying to apply an image as background to all snapshots didn't work very well. I was able to position it behind my other objects in most snapshots, but not all.

I think the software would benefit from having the concept of layers.

Message 4 of 5
nuwul
in reply to: kickseek

i have problem with the template. I'm using Inventor version 2011...

Image issue - when i insert a .bmp logo in the title block (in the exact location @ box), it looks fine when i insert it into the sheet. Unfortunately when do plotting, i can only use Best Fit Scale or otherwise i could not be able to see the template.

QA = Why i cannot see my template when i use Model 1:1 Scale? I didn't do any setting to it.

QB = When plotting, the image logo also become bigger, not at the exact size that i set before. (see attachemnt image.png)

I do not know if i need to do any setting for it. Please guide.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: nuwul

Hi there,

This forum is specifically to support the Inventor Publisher product, it sounds like you need the assistance of the Inventor team. Please post to the Inventor Discussion group for more help.

Thanks,

Timera

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report