Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk service cannot be reached?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
coreyparks
1131 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk service cannot be reached?

Trying to use IPMV to view some files published to 360 from Inventor publisher 2013 SP3 and having no luck at all.  The file I am trying to take a look at was published directly from the software back on the 25th of Oct.  Are others still having this problem?  I have seen the issue brought up in other threads but I have found no solutions as of yet.  I only have a few days left on my trial version and I was hoping to get this working soon.  No sense spending a couple grand on software that doesn't work.  When I log in using IPMV I can see all of my files and the icon shows me a proper preview.  When I slect the file to view all I get is "Autodesk service cannot be reached".  To date I have only been successful publishing a file and viewing it once, the very first time I tried.  I have also tried to publish to mobile locally so I can manually upload to the cloud but Publisher won't even publish a mobile file locally only to my 360 account.  Is there anything I can do to fix my problems?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
coreyparks
in reply to: coreyparks

Ok just installed Google Chrome so I could try and view the file from my desktop through my 360 account and it gave me an error.  It says "There was an error generating previews or preparing for viewing."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 7
peggy.wang

Thank you for posting your issues in Newsgrounp. In Publisher 2013 SP3, in Publish to Mobile dialog, there are two options: Save Online and Save Local. 

Save Online will publish the .INSTRUCTION file to 360.autodesk.com  and you can view it in Google Chrome or Firefox, and also can view it in Mobile IPM Viewer(IOS and Andriod).

Save local will publish the .IPM file to local, you can upoad this file to 360.autodesk.com, and this file can be viewed in Mobile IPM Viewer, but can't generate the preview in desktop Chrome or Firefox Viewer.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
coreyparks
in reply to: peggy.wang

Yes I understand that just fine.  It would be nice if I could get one of them to work.  Niether of them work properly when I try to export the file I am working on.  When I export to the mobile using 360, files show up in 360 but can't be viewed from the web or the mobile app.  When I export a file locally nothing happens and no files are even generated.  This was stated in my first post.  Nothing more I can do at this point as my trial version has run out. 

Corey Parks
Message 5 of 7
peggy.wang

I am sorry to here that your Publisher is just expired. And in my testing phase, the Publish function work as expected, it must be some network problem that day.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
coreyparks
in reply to: peggy.wang

It happened for most of the 30 day trial, not just that day.  Others in this newsgroup seem to be having the same problem.

Corey Parks
Message 7 of 7
products2011

I have the same problem - with the new SP3 on Publisher2013 or Publisher 2013.1 versions you can only publish to A360, but when I need to use it for the IPM viewewr it will see it but not download!!! tried many different ways.

I do have a full subscription for all publisher & Inventor software....

I connot have it downloaded locally as we have this service for all of our salespeople around the world to access it via MOBILE as intended...

Please help! No new A360 published files are able to be downloaded to the IPM app!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report