Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 doesnt work at Windows 8.1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Fredalone
945 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 doesnt work at Windows 8.1

Good Morning,

As I said in the title... Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 doesnt work at Windows 8.1, and why?

Can someone send some fix?

It just appear an "Catalyst error" when I try to open it... and I dont have any Catalyst graphic card or something like that... Its all Intel...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Fredalone

Autodesk Products are not yet conpatible with windows 8.1. Some people say service packs corrects the issue and other people say they had to restore the windows update back to 8.0. 

Best place to start looking would be here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=Windows+8.1

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
coreyparks
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Have you tried to run it in compatability mode for an older version of windows?  Just a thought though I wuoldn't be hopeful that it would work.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 4 of 4
tcallag
in reply to: Fredalone

Hi, I was fortunate to find a "partial fix" for Publisher 2012 running in Windows 8.1 from Chris Mitchell in the AutoDesk forums for Inventor AutoCad (not Publisher). I have been able to follow Chris' instructions and start Publisher 2012 in Windows 8.1 and actually create the 3D renditions for publishing that I needed.

Hi Terry,

I’m not aware of a fix for Publisher 2012 on win8.1. You could try the same file fix manually that works for Inventor.

Instructions to “install” this fix. Please follow carefully:

1.      Go to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Publisher 2012\Bin" (or wherever you installed Publisher).
  2.      Rename rse.dll to rse.dll.orig
  3.      Extract the file from the attached zip file to the Bin folder
  4.      This new dll needs to be registered with the OS as Administrator - Open a command prompt (just type cmd in the windows “search” section & then Run as administrator. Then type:
  •          "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Publisher 2012\Bin\publisher.exe /install" – I don’t recall the .exe name to start publisher – is it Inventorpublisher or just publisher ?)
  1.      Then, after about 1 minute, start Publisher.

I don’t know if this will work or not – if not then the only other option is to ask the question in the Publisher specific discussion forum.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 10:52 PM
To: Chris Mitchell
Subject: Is there a Windows 8.1 fixed for Inventor Publisher 2012?

I own a copy and would very much like to use it with my new Lenovo i7 with Nvidia graphics card. And yes, I am a Autodesk community member since 2011.

Message 5 of 21 (12,328 Views)

Re: NOT WORKING WITH WINDOWS 8.1

Options

10-24-2013 03:55 PM in reply to: autocad.phil

We are issuing dll's that will fix the win8.1 issues for Inventor 2012 & 2013, on a request-only basis at this point. Official hotfixes will be released in the coming weeks.

If you need the fixed dll's then please contact me directly as there are some very specific manual install steps required.

Thanks

Chris

chris.mitchell@autodesk.com

Chris Mitchell
Inventor Customer Engagement Team
Autodesk, Inc. 

--

Terry Callaghan <tcallag@gmail.com>
Attachments1:54 PM (19 hours ago)

to Chris

Hi Chris,

I wanted to keep you posted on our luck in getting Inventor Publisher 2012 to operate in Windows 8.1.

Of course, using Microsoft's selecting compatibility mode doe not get the program to run.

I followed your directions. When I run

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor Publisher 2012\Inventor Publisher.exe"

Inventor Publisher 2012 opens with the attached dialog box about seond missing dll file. Once I select OK, the program is fully functional. And the weird part is the missing rd.dll file does exist in the bin directory (see attached).

Here's a new one: When I try to run the RegisterWordAddin.bat file, the attached error screen pops up. I am using the Office 360 product.

Thanks for your help, Chris.

Terry

Chris Mitchell 7:36 AM (2 hours ago) to me

Hi Terry,

The reason you see those errors is that the dll I sent you was compiled for Inventor & not Publisher. There is no official support for Publisher 2012 on win8.1 so this is really the only option right now; hopefully there are no other bad side-effects.

Unfortunately Office 360 is not supported with Publisher 2012 & I can’t find any workarounds for that. Someone else may have been ingenious so it might be worth asking your question(s) on the Publisher forums:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Publisher/bd-p/405

Thanks

Chris

Terry Callaghan <tcallag@gmail.com>
8:42 AM (1 hour ago)

to Chris

You're awesome Chris! Thank you. I actually got some 3D publishing work done this weekend. Partial working is better than not working.

Terry

P.S. If you or anyone else is interested, my portfolio is located at www.slideshare.net/tcallaghan. All of the manuals for JBT FoodTech products were created using Inventor Publisher 2012. I was heavily involved with the AutoDesk Publisher Group, testing products, and forum participation for a few years. Unfortunately, I lost contact when the job at JBT ended in January 2013 and I am hoping I can reconnect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report