Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying styles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bowen192
368 Views, 4 Replies

Applying styles

I've just noticed that the age old problem of not being able to change a Style, after the initial change, is still present.

I would have expected this to have been updated in 2012 sp1, but here we are on 2013 and the problem is still here.

I've noticed nobody complaining about it recently though, so is there a fix I've missed? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: bowen192

Hey there,

This isn't a bug, as much as it's about application priorities. We haven't released any documentation about it yet, as we haven't had a whole lot of concern about it from the field but basically if you apply a new style at the Part level, you have to change the style moving forward from the Part level too - if you try to apply a style from a group selection or the Assembly level, it will not override the style applied at the Part level. Ideally moving forward we could have some sort of dialog that would pop up and let you know that's why the style isn't "sticking"... as a user would that be an acceptable way to handle this?

Thanks,

Timera

Message 3 of 5
bowen192
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

I don't think so, no.

I'm not sure why it is unreasonable to expect that if you select a group, and change the Style, the whole group will change Style.

I personally work with components with five or six Part levels.  If I have to change each component at Part level, the job time gets ridiculous.

This isn't a problem in Inventor, so why is it a problem in Publisher? 

Message 4 of 5
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: bowen192

This is only a "problem" if you initially apply a style at the Part level. If you apply styles from an assembly level to begin with, then you can continue working that way. Inventor has similar visual style and material overrides such as this, so this idea of override levels shouldn't be too new of a workflow for customers familiar with Inventor. 

Thanks,

Timera

Message 5 of 5
bowen192
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Judging from the comments left on the forum, I would say this is a problem.

In Inventor, if you select a component and change the Style, you do not need to change that Style back if you want to change the style of the whole component; you just selct and change the whole component.

Regardless, Publisher is not Inventor.  It does not need such a restriction.

Answer me this; what purpose does this Part level application of Styles have in Publisher? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report