Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation scaling

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bowen192
934 Views, 5 Replies

Annotation scaling

Hi,

When I create an Annotation, there seems to be no way of changing the size of the annotation box without affecting the size of the illustration.

In other words, I want to increase the size of the viewing area, but not the size of the illustration.  Is this possible?

Also, are there plans to allow a manual adjustment of scale (without reduction in quality)?  x5 is not enough for me.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bowen192
in reply to: bowen192

Also...

In the future, it would be nice to be able to transition between annotations between snapshots.

Message 3 of 6
TimeraAutodesk

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "changing the size of the annotation box without affecting the size of the illustration"? Annotations within Publisher have grips on the corners that allow the user to scale the annotation box larger or smaller, as well as tools in the Ribbon to set text size, etc.

Also, when you refer to increasing the Viewing Area, are you referring to the Publish Area? Changing the Publish Area will provide you with a different , but will not change any of the cameras.

Maybe if you could attach some screenshots of what you're trying to accomplish, we can better answer your questions.

Thanks,

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Message 4 of 6
bowen192
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

@TimeraAutodesk wrote:

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "changing the size of the annotation box without affecting the size of the illustration"? Annotations within Publisher have grips on the corners that allow the user to scale the annotation box larger or smaller, as well as tools in the Ribbon to set text size, etc.

Also, when you refer to increasing the Viewing Area, are you referring to the Publish Area? Changing the Publish Area will provide you with a different , but will not change any of the cameras.

Maybe if you could attach some screenshots of what you're trying to accomplish, we can better answer your questions.

I want to increase the viewing area, but not the scale of the illustration. I've done a little illustration (Smiley Embarassed);

Message 5 of 6
TimeraAutodesk

Thanks so much for the illustrations, this makes a whole lot more sense now! The tool you are using is called a Detail View. The Detail View function will enhance everything inside it's viewport, including text annotations. This functionality is as-designed.  If you're looking to keep the text the same size as before, then the appropriate workflow would be to:

1. Make a copy (Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V) of the text

2. Turn off the visibility of the first copy

3. Create a Detail View and set to desired zoom level

4. Move the second copy of text on top of the Detail View to create the desired layout

I've attached a sample IPB (created in Publisher 2012) for further clarification of the above workflow.

Also, you can use the Detail View glyph to set the scale of the Detail View. The illustration will set according to the scale you specify and the size of the detail view bubble. Increasing the size of the bubble will enlarge the illustration view simultaneously - this is an appropriate behavior. If you'd like to modify the zoom level in relation to the size of the detail view you can always manuallly manipulate the view by double-clicking on the Detail View. This will open a clean screen where you have control over zoom, pan, rotation, etc. of the view within the Detail View as well.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and I hope this helps you create the effects you're looking for.

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Message 6 of 6
bowen192
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

@TimeraAutodesk wrote:

Thanks so much for the illustrations, this makes a whole lot more sense now! The tool you are using is called a Detail View. The Detail View function will enhance everything inside it's viewport, including text annotations. This functionality is as-designed.  If you're looking to keep the text the same size as before, then the appropriate workflow would be to:

1. Make a copy (Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V) of the text

2. Turn off the visibility of the first copy

3. Create a Detail View and set to desired zoom level

4. Move the second copy of text on top of the Detail View to create the desired layout

I've attached a sample IPB (created in Publisher 2012) for further clarification of the above workflow.

Also, you can use the Detail View glyph to set the scale of the Detail View. The illustration will set according to the scale you specify and the size of the detail view bubble. Increasing the size of the bubble will enlarge the illustration view simultaneously - this is an appropriate behavior. If you'd like to modify the zoom level in relation to the size of the detail view you can always manuallly manipulate the view by double-clicking on the Detail View. This will open a clean screen where you have control over zoom, pan, rotation, etc. of the view within the Detail View as well.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and I hope this helps you create the effects you're looking for.

Timera Hart

Autodesk

I did not know you could do this. Smiley Embarassed

Cheers, this helped a lot. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report