Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation callouts refernce parts and not top level assemblys.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lwaryan
390 Views, 2 Replies

Annotation callouts refernce parts and not top level assemblys.

Hello all,

I am new to publisher and picking things up as i go. I have the callout system to be associated to a custom callout that is in the model properties from inventor, however it does callout the pcmark but only calls out the part not the assembly. How can i get the callout to be the assembly instead of a part? when I inserted the model into publisher i went to options and made it structured. I tried setting up different custom properties for it to pull information and place it in that field but no dice.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
na.miao
in reply to: lwaryan

Hi, 

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Now we didn't support using the properties of assembly when create callout, we just support to get the properties of part.

I will  add this to our list, hope we will have this function in the future.

Thank you 

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA
Message 3 of 3
lwaryan
in reply to: na.miao

Thanks for your input. That is unfortunate that it isn't setup that way. The way i have figured to solve this issue is to customize the BOM on inventor to add a new custom field pulling the information i need, then when i insert the model into publisher it will give me that option to associate the callouts to my custom field. Thanks again for answering.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report