Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace button/option when linking parameters

Workspace button/option when linking parameters

When want to link parameters it opens browser where you need to search for folder where your part or excel file is. Many times it happens that browser is set to last visited folder even it was opened in another project. If want to link parameters from another part in same project it make it difficult to find path to desired folder.  It is time wasting and it is possible to go wrong and choose wrong parameters if there are similar folder names.

Add button/option WORKSPACE in browser window to go fast to project folder - see image below.

1.PNG

Thanks

Adam

3 Comments
jtylerbc
Mentor

In addition to the button, I would argue that if the "Last Visited Location" is outside the active project file's workspace, the dialog box should default to the current workspace.

Linking parameters to something outside the workspace doesn't seem like a particularly good idea to me in the first place, so I don't really see a good reason why the dialog box should behave as it currently does.

mrattray
Advisor

How about we expand this to: make ALL "pick a file" dialog boxes the same, instead of having different dialogs for different commands. In the project file editor alone you can encounter three different styles of these "pick a file" dialogs, all with different behaviours.

DRoam
Mentor

I wholeheartedly agree with @mrattray. The open/place/etc. folder-browsing dialog boxes should be consistent, and they should all have the Project shortcuts folder panel on the left-hand side.

In addition to that, if we had a "Recent Locations" button similar to Windows Explorer's "Recent Places", that would help a lot with the fact that we're often bouncing between a few different locations depending on what type of operation we're doing (some possibly outside the Workspace, such as importing a STEP file from an outside folder).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report