Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing weld symbol

Missing weld symbol

The style library should always be up to date. If a DIN EN ISO or other Standard is changing the changes should be available in a CAD Software.

In Version 2017 an importand weld symbol is missing. Please add this to Inventor 2017 and also to AutoCAD Mechanical and other ADSK applications.

welding.png

20 Comments
petrxn
Advocate

It will be useful to have all weld symbols acc.to ISO9692, for example type 1.6 or type 1.7 from tabl.1 of EN ISO9692-1

Tags (3)
ThomasB44
Advisor

Hi, since 2014, there is a new European welding standard, with at least, new welding symbols.

Here the new standard symbols needed :

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Thanks

ThomasB44
Advisor

I feel like an idiot, I've finally found the 2 firsts symbols...Smiley Embarassed

They are in the welding symbol style, but they are not checked by default, just need to active them.

Capture.JPG

So only the last symbol above is still needed Smiley Wink

This one is another that is missing. With all those Releases trough the year it should be possible to update things like this a bit more regulary.

This is one of those things that cost alot of time everyday and should be simple to implement.

MissingWeldingSymbol.png

gilsdorf_e
Collaborator

@ThomasB44

The third symbol is also there, it is located in the ANSI weld symbols. But it is not possible to have it like this, this the number of bolts after the symbol.

weld.png

ThomasB44
Advisor

Thanks @gilsdorf_e, I've finally found it Smiley Wink

Capture.JPG

anuj_kumar
Explorer

My question is ISO 2553 - 1984 ( Inventor 2016 default welding standard )  same as new ISO 2553 - 2013. 

Thank you in advance..

alain_miltenburg
Advocate

I am not voting for the specifically requested symbol by Rolf Zimmerman. But for all missing symbols from the latest revision of the standard.

Using symbols from ANSI is not a good option. Intermittent welds are annotated differently for example.

Additionally and even more importantly, from ISO 2553:2013 and up the standard recognizes two different approaches in the global market to designate the "arrow side" and "other side" on drawings.

System A – Based on ISO 2553:1994

System B – Based on Pacific Rim countries (ASME)   NEW!

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [14035]. Thanks!

rkeller
Enthusiast

AWS and ASME all have CJP (Complete Joint Penetration) with Backing so why doesn't Inventor have a backing symbol in the weld symbol set in the ANSI library?. 

I've been using the plug weld to illustrate there is a permanent backing at the weld joint but it is like an overgrown brick. 

CURRENT OPTIONS FOR BACKING OF WELDSCURRENT OPTIONS FOR BACKING OF WELDSThere is a "Permanent Backing Strip in (ISO/BSI/DIN/GB)" but if I use it no one seems to know why there is a M on the drawings.  Can we get a Backing Strip symbol added the size of the "Permanent Backing Strip in (ISO/BSI/DIN/GB)" without the M?  or allow us to edit and add our own.

sth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear All

we sadly miss the option for adding opening angles to the Weld symbols according ISO 2553. One more timewe need additional time (and this means higher cost for us!!)  to create standard compliant drawings.

ISO2553.jpg

And this is how it has to look like:

Weld opening angle.png

Again this might be bothering and boring in the U.S, but in old school Europe it is still required instead of tons of Cloud toys where the benefit isn't clear (except higher profits for Autodesk).😫

Cheers,
Thomas

holgerb-mardmoeller
Contributor

Is miss the option for illustrating spacer and staggered intermittend welds:Spacer.png

staggered intermittend welds.png

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [14035]. Thanks!

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2023. Please review the Inventor 2023 What's New article here. For more information regarding how you may leverage the feature, please review this page. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hello @sth,

Would you be so kind to author your "opening angles" topic shared within the comments as a separate Idea? I fear it is a bit lost contained within this ask for a simplified butt weld (although they are both related to the same standard update).  Thank you in advance for considering. -Dan 

rkeller
Enthusiast

Hi Folks,

As far as I've been able to see Inventor 2023 still doesn't allow for a backing symbol that is a normal size without text in it. (please refer to my comments earlier in this string)

rkeller_0-1685988993299.png

rkeller_1-1685989189721.png

We need to create weld symbols with a backer without any letters in it.

Is there any way to create our own Backer symbols and add them to the Style Library?

Thanks Rodney Keller

rlee6UNEM
Explorer

+1 to rkeller's request for AWS standard permanent backing bar. 

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hello @rkeller and @rlee6UNEM,

The request for backing bar symbols is being tracked here: 
Weld Symbol Updated, adding backing bar symbol, becoming AWS D1.1 compliant.

Please append any requirements for backing symbols under the new idea, as this story has been implemented.
Thanks!

-Dan

rkeller
Enthusiast

Dan,

I've been using IV 2024 and have the latest updates installed and the weld symbols look the same.

rkeller_0-1705706019587.pngrkeller_1-1705706031368.png

Or am I missing something?

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hello @rkeller

Some of the symbols we updated for this Idea are only visible within a ISO or DIN template. Or if you customize your styles to include every available weld symbol from other standards. Hope that helps some.

Regards,

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report