Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Sizable Revision Tags

User Sizable Revision Tags

It would seem that when using the standard revision tag that a text size of 1/8" (.125") gets you a triangle height of 3/8" (.375"). On a general drawing, that's not really an issue. However, the standard parts list has a line spacing of around 1/4" (.25"). If you have to put a rev triangle inside the parts list (or titleblock, general table, etc), the standard triangle is just too big.

The current 'solution' to this is to reduce the text heigh. Well, in order to get the triangle height down to 1/4" to fit into the tables, you have to reduce the text size to .05" (less than 1/16") and it's just too small to be read. Doing the math there, you get about .1" of white space above/below your rev number before the triangle appears. That's 4x more white than text. WAY too much.

Please stick a 'Symbol Height' variable in the Revision Tag tab of the Revsion style to address this. If people want a to stick a 3/32" piece of text in a 1/4" triangle, they should be able to do so, and do so with a simple style tweak. They shouldn't have to create a custom symbol that doesn't link to the revision system.

I'm not sure why this hasn't been done yet, looking at the forum it's been asked for for over a decade. This really should just be a matter of opening the parameter to the style, shouldn't it?

11 Comments
TCMDESIGN_Group
Enthusiast

along with that, for those of use that use the rev table, it would be helpful if we could automatically put the REV A tags on their own layer...REV B on their own...etc. so that we can control the visibility and history of feature changes....it's always helpful to send a rev-tagged print to a supplier to point out what has changed.....but management doesn't want to see them on current prints.....

karl
Contributor

Sooooooooooo, here we are 2017 and it seems this is still an unresolved item 😞

jerryrouten
Participant

I agree why do we have to keep working around the problem by overriding every revision balloon we add...

ngarwick
Contributor

I came across this thread looking for a solution to this issue. Hard to believe that this issue STILL hasn't been addressed by Autodesk, at least not that I've seen. This would be a very helpful fix.  

Aadithya01
Advisor

83 votes for this idea so far. Still I can't believe why Autodesk wont bring this feature.

sgarczynski
Participant

Also need to be able to make the lines of the triangle (or whatever shape you pick) to be bolder.  Those lines need their own lineweight.  

jdiguido
Community Visitor

Far as I can tell, here we are in 2022 and this is still an issue. Am I missing something?

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Many thanks for posting the idea to us, and tracked as [INVGEN-60834]

GPJHKeiren
Participant

I hope the future is soon 😇

Miro.Babic
Explorer

Inventor 2023 gets paid well for the product. Professional use also requires appropriate support. I use inventor as a professional product and I need it to be really professional. I can't finish the drawing because of the huge revision tag that has an impact on business. What solution does Autodesk Inc. offer?

nbonnett-murphy
Advocate

I'd still love to see this functionality. Our drawings look odd because the rev tag triangles are huge in proportion to everything else. Every day I find myself choosing between deleting rev tags or having cluttered drawings.

If this idea was a human child, it would be getting ready for middle school.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea