Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Parameters in Frame Generator Offsets

User Parameters in Frame Generator Offsets

User parameters can be entered into offset fields currently. However the value is converted to a fixed numerical and does not update the member location when the user parameter value is changed.

Fixing this would make a massive difference to my workflow.
It would in fact allow new ways of modelling, many simpler frames could be described with only 2 sketches on the origin planes.
7 Comments
jrossco
Advocate

I'm looking at the same issue.  I do see that editing the FG part by using "Edit with Frame Generator" and then hitting the apply button without making any edits moves the offset to the current value of the parameter. However, it would be nice not to have to do this to every FG part. I've tried to look in the Customization forumn for some code that would do this for each FG part in an assembly but I had no luck finding anything.

mallorn
Advocate

Frame members should follow parameter-offsets without manual no-change-aplly.

InventorFrameNotUpdateing.gif

Tags (1)
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hello Tomas, I believe your idea is a duplicate of the following post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/user-parameters-in-frame-generator-offsets/idi-p/...

Although I love your animated gif, please cast your kudo to the Master Idea (as it was logged earlier) as to not split votes.  Thanks! -Dan

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [14730]. Thanks!

neljoshua
Advisor

I also posted an idea for allowing the use of parameters when using Frame Analysis here.

timothy.0
Explorer

Well? It's the future. Have they fixed it yet? It won't move using "rebuild all", it won't "refresh"; it only moves when you do a manual change on the member and click "ok". That completely undermines using a parameter to drive the offset position. Seems like a great way [that doesn't work].

makinley_house
Explorer

This still doesn't work and it really should...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report