Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe - Part Numbering & BOM

Tube & Pipe - Part Numbering & BOM

So when generating a tube & pipe run the part number is blank why? it should work the same as frame generator where the stock number and length are pushed into the part number so they merge if the same.

34.JPG

6 Comments
DeerSpotter
Collaborator

I also would like and answer on this. 

cbenner
Mentor

This has been a long running issue.  Let's see if we can escalate this and get something done about it.  Basically, no matter what property in the Content Center you map the Project.Part Number... or what you put in the Family template part in the Part Number field... Part Number in Tube & Pipe comes in blank on pipe spools.  The fact that no settings make a difference tells me this must have been by design... so can someone please explain the reasoning behind it?  I promise if it's logical, to be nice. 🙂

If it's not by design, can we get this fixed?  It would be a massive time saver to nat have to manually edit each piping BOM and enter part numbers for hundfreds of pipe spools, when a simple expression in the family table could do the job.

ASI_Aaron
Collaborator

Second this, big user of T&P and would like this fixed.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US21590]. Thanks!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.  An updated Autodesk Inventor 2016 tube & pipe setting allows you to auto populate specific part numbers (such as; Inherit from Content Center, Use File Name or Empty) during creation/population.

shawn.payne
Advocate

How do you switch this option on? I am still having this issue in 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report