Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread Standard Defaults

Thread Standard Defaults

I work in the UK, so around 90% of the threads I apply in Inventor are ISO metric, the remainder being BSP for pipe connections.

When I try to add a thread or a threaded hole, Inventor goes straight for the ANSI standard threads every time. I then have to manually select ISO metric threads which is time consuming when you have to create a lot of threads.

We can select various defaults in Inventor, such as units and standards, but no options for thread standards. Can we have the option to default to a particular thread standard in the Application Options?

It would also be helpful to have a checkbox in the relevant dialog box to select the option to 'remember last setting' so that Inventor doesn't head straight for the default if you have a lot of alternative standard threads to apply.

3 Comments
guido_66
Advocate

You can edit the sort order in the thread.xls file. It would be much more user friendly if you could achieve this from within Inventor.

bofeldtj
Contributor

Only Third World countries use Imperial dimensions any more. It is about time that Autodesk caught up with this change. Those third world countries still using imperial dimensions are Liberia, Myanmar(Burma) and of course… the United States of America

steve.west
Advocate

I still think this feature would be helpful, but if anyone wants to know the workaround to achieve this in the meantime, please cehck out this excellent post:

http://autodeskmfg.typepad.com/blog/2011/03/guest-post-autodesk-inventor-hole-thread-data.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report