Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
2 Kudos
bverboort

Suppress Adaptivity, Flexible & Contact Sets

by Contributor bverboort on ‎01-25-2013 05:28 AM

I'd like to be able to suppress these functions/features so I can tell they are there but not enabled. This would make it easier to enable when needed but disable when not.

Also, to be able to store and manage different "states" of Adaptivity, Flexible & Contact Set supression for these items (similar to the way we use View Reps). This making it easier to recall saved environments to both enable and disable easily.

Simply a question. Have you explored leveraging browser folders for organizational needs? I could see these being usefull to you. Perhaps create folders labeled "x_on & x_off" where x = "Contact Set", "Adaptive", "Flexible"? Just a thought.
Comments
by Mentor on ‎01-25-2013 07:00 AM

You mean positional representations?

jvj

by Contributor bverboort on ‎01-25-2013 07:18 AM

No, that controls component position by assigning a override to a constraint. I want to have the ability to save, store, manage and restore supression states of the Adaptivity, Flexible & Contact Set functions.

by Employee on ‎04-03-2013 12:54 PM
Status changed to: Comments Requested
Simply a question. Have you explored leveraging browser folders for organizational needs? I could see these being usefull to you. Perhaps create folders labeled "x_on & x_off" where x = "Contact Set", "Adaptive", "Flexible"? Just a thought.
Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube