Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start up time

start up time

Still the start up time and opening a template takes too long. 

I dont know what the the hell it is loading and loading and more loading.....

So how fast do i want it to be? Fast like when you open a template the second time. 

Thanks

Dan

8 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

NSBowser
Advocate

I teach Inventor courses and demo inventor products, and can attest to this problem, and whole-heartedly agree. There is nothing more annoying, or damaging, then standing there, 'umming' waiting for the software to load. It makes for a poor presentation, and leaves a bad taste in potential customers minds. If only for the purposes of the people on the ground trying to sell this software, DON'T load EVERY functionality of the software on start-up. Load up the key components 90% of people use and leave the others sit until i go to use it.

It's one thing when I come in in the morning to work on a project and start the computer and open my file and walk away to get coffee and come back 5 mins later, because i know it will take that long, but on the road or in class, it hurts. Maybe we need an option in the setting to define HOW inventor loads. Load it all, or load as needed. Let me select the devil I want to deal with.

Pete_Mort
Advocate

I noticed this was a problem so went into the add-in manager (tools > options) and deselected items that don't get used on a daily basis and its now much faster to load the first template. It strikes me that Autodesk don't have the right balance set by default for many people as it does seem to load pretty much everything ...

Add Ins.PNG

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

markhoward2
Contributor

You need to understand for each command, you have the potential to 'load' new functions. Each new command needs to load that piece of code in the back ground. That is why the second time it is fast. You will see this with every command or function in almost any CAD software. It is no different than opening an assembly from Vault. The first time it has to retrieve all the files. After that they are local so you can get them open faster.

A wise old CAD guru taught me a long time ago, before any demo (or class) you load each piece you plan to work on, and start each command once. Then any subsequent load is faster, as the code is in memory and the files are local, if not already in session.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report