Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
8 Kudos
gcross

Speed up Design Assistant

by Distinguished Contributor gcross on ‎01-17-2013 07:26 PM

Design Assistant management is agonizingly slow & has been since I first used Inventor version 6. Perhaps some of the Microsoft computer search functionality can be incorporated into Inventor to enhace speed that DA can find files that are affected by proposed changes & updates. And no, it's not practical for me to use Vault as a stand alone user.

Gary

Comments
by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎01-18-2013 12:28 AM

I would say that the time & effort investment in Vault is ultimately far less than the time & effort needed to run DA

by *Expert Elite* on ‎01-18-2013 01:21 AM

Why get caught up in the Vault v DA argument - bottom line, DA is supplied with Inventor and thus should be a usable tool, and its performance can stretch the meaning of the word "usable" at times.

(but, whether the general whinge about DA being slow and needing improvement is a "new idea" and thus warrants posting here, dunno...  Personally think it's more a "bug" that needs improving, but can understand that without posting here it won't get highlighteted or considered for man-hours).

by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎01-18-2013 04:14 AM

Whilst I agree with you, DA is supplied, but could do with improvments, Vault is also supplied with Inventor. I'm not looking for an argument I'm 'just saying' (PS I'll kudos you request)

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube