Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort parameters Ascending/Descending for ilogic, derive and link

Sort parameters Ascending/Descending for ilogic, derive and link

ideally I would like all the ideas from an earlier idea applied to ilogic, derive and link

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Parameters-Dialog-overhaul/idi-p/4774867

but a the very minimum for now can we please be able to sort these ascending/descending its fine is you only deal with a few parameters but when you deal with hundreds I must waste hours scrolling up and down looking for things.

71.JPG

72.JPG

73.JPG

4 Comments
LOONYLEN
Advocate

I would like to see this happen. I would love to see an Excel style parameters list. I would like the ability to sort or rearrange parameters simply by dragging and dropping them. I would also like to see parameter grouping, similar to the way Composite iMates operate. See the pic below.

CompImate.png

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Many thanks for posting the idea, and tracked as [INVGEN-62692].

It looks that sorting fucntion is available for iLogic parameters, and it is available in Inventor 2023.

YijiangCai_0-1656495960845.png

emanuel.c
Collaborator

Please fix this! It is so laborious to hunt for a parameter to link, since they are not sorted alphabetically! The other option is to link ALL parameters and then in the sketch dimension or assembly constraint -> right click -> list parameters and they are sorted alphabetically there. But it is totally unnecessary to link ALL parameters all the time. Thanks!

emanuelc_0-1685649345056.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report