Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarter chamfer notes - add quantity

Smarter chamfer notes - add quantity

Chamfer notes should have a quantity featue like hole notes have.

Capture.JPG

10 Comments
Cadmanto
Mentor
mrattray
Advisor

Scott,

I see how this is similar to your idea. The difference would be that while yours has a BOM quantity of a part within an assembly showing in a balloon, mine is showing a count of the number of locations that a feature is placed at in a part detail. So, same concept, but one is for layouts and one is for details.

I suppose the gist is, Inventor can never be too parametric.

CelticDesignServices
Collaborator

It also irks the heck outta me that the word "Chamfer" comes in with upper and lower case letters.

They should all be in upper case by default!

LT.Rusty
Advisor

Celtic - you can change that easily.  Just go to the style editor, find your currently active dimension style, and go to the NOTES AND LEADERS tab.  You can edit all the dimensional notes there that have leaders attached.  I've got mine set so that CHAMFER is in all caps. 

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US16943]. Thanks!
mill1806
Enthusiast

It would be useful to have IV automatically calculate quantities for fillets and chamfers like it does for holes.  Where I work it is not generally accepted to use typical notes for quantities.  If IV can calculate hole quantities for holes as winthin a single feature, pattern, or as a view why can't it do it for fillets and chamfers?

Thanks

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support
Hello, this idea exists and is being tracked within the Master Idea here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/smarter-chamfer-notes-add-quantity/idi-p/3823710 Please be sure to cast your kudo to the Master post as to not split the votes. Thanks! -Dan
mrattray
Advisor
Quote:
     by Employee      on ‎05-23-2013 04:49 PM

Status changed to: Accepted
     Accepted idea [US16943]. Thanks!
mill1806
Enthusiast

I also think this would be extremely helpful.  Fillets should also be added to the list for the same reasons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report