Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
20 Kudos
n.schotten

slots in bolted connection.

by Contributor n.schotten on ‎02-11-2013 02:47 AM

I often make slots from a bolted connection hole to allow for adjustments. I would find it handy if this could be done straight in/from the connection. Ofcourse there are issues like if you want a centered slot or an offset slot. And the orientation relative to the part(s). A curved slot would be nice to. Especialy since you have added these 2 slot types to Franklin.

Comments
by Contributor steve.west on ‎02-11-2013 01:17 PM

Agreed. Contraining bolted connections onto slots can be time consuming

by thijs on ‎02-27-2013 08:36 AM

And provide slots to the hole feature as well. Sometimes you want to create an hole into a slot feature.

i-feature isn`t a solution. It only one at the time on each sketch point (so you have to create every slot one by one) and its take too much time to place a i-feature.

(i-have seen on video`s that Solid Edge has it since the latest version)

by Employee on ‎03-19-2013 12:56 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

by kevinb on ‎04-23-2014 10:23 AM

Would it be possible to force the bolt to slide along the slot center?  That's usually what that slot is for.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube