Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slecetion of parts in views

Slecetion of parts in views

Selection of parts and assemblies schould be improved in drawing environment.

It schould be possible to select parts and assemblies that are pattern elements by selectiong this pattern. Now it is not possible because patterns can not be selected at all.

I personally have quite o problem with this issue because I often have a lot of small objects in patterns that are members of other patterns, and selecting them all is really time and effort consuming task. Extreemly anoying also.

Also it would be useful if not only parts could be selected by selecting line in drawing but also assemblies. If an assembly concists of several parts and in some view is sectioned in the way that it obscures this vewe user may want to hide this assembly. But now one can only select individual parts of this assembly by selecting unwanted line.

Also it would be usefull to hav an option that would allow to select all instances of given assembly or part in a drawing. It could work like this. One selects given part or assembly in browser, right clicks and selects "select all iv view". Doing so it would make it more aeasy to change apearence of all parts of the same kind at once.

Cris.

4 Comments
s.wile
Advocate

Isn't this what your asking for?

Selection..png

kmeldfreyssinet
Collaborator

Hi,

No that's not what I am asking for.

I want that whole patterns could be selected by selecting pattern in tree view. Currently this is not possibe, and selecting hundred or so bolts, nuts and washers is a nightmare.

Cris

jingyi.liu
Alumni

Hi Cris

Unfortunately, your request is still not possible. The feasible workaround is to create a design view in assembly environment, and turn off visibility of these fasteners, then select the design view for drawing view.

Regards,

Jingyi

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes.

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report