Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
46 Kudos
GNR88

Sketch Point style

by GNR88 on ‎06-17-2014 03:30 AM

In the sketch environment it would be really great to be able to change the Point Style (similar to AutoCAD) so that when the point is placed at an intersection (Right) of two lines it can still be seen (example Left). I use points often to help with placement of multiple holes.

Point Style

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎06-17-2014 10:19 AM

It helps if you set your construction lines to construction. Then you can easily see the center point on top of them.

by GNR88 on ‎06-18-2014 01:34 AM

Using construction lines is a good idea, except where the lines form part of a profile for other geometry or features, for example when using the rib command the points define bosses and the lines defing the ribs. constuction lines in this case cannot be used

by *Pro on ‎06-19-2014 05:09 AM

But the center marks are automaticly picked up by the feature so I don't understand why?

by GNR88 on ‎06-20-2014 12:23 AM

The center marks are only picked up if the lines they are constrained to are part of the profile for the ribs

by cad on ‎06-30-2014 09:13 AM

what setting will adjust the sketch point selection menu from always apearing right over point in sketch mode (inventor 2014)?

by GNR88 on ‎07-01-2014 01:50 AM

cad, I'm not sure I understand your question? please add an image or more information so i can help

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube