Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch Point style

Sketch Point style

In the sketch environment it would be really great to be able to change the Point Style (similar to AutoCAD) so that when the point is placed at an intersection (Right) of two lines it can still be seen (example Left). I use points often to help with placement of multiple holes.

Point Style

7 Comments
mrattray
Advisor

It helps if you set your construction lines to construction. Then you can easily see the center point on top of them.

GNR88
Enthusiast

Using construction lines is a good idea, except where the lines form part of a profile for other geometry or features, for example when using the rib command the points define bosses and the lines defing the ribs. constuction lines in this case cannot be used

jletcher
Advisor

But the center marks are automaticly picked up by the feature so I don't understand why?

GNR88
Enthusiast

The center marks are only picked up if the lines they are constrained to are part of the profile for the ribs

cad
Community Visitor
Community Visitor

what setting will adjust the sketch point selection menu from always apearing right over point in sketch mode (inventor 2014)?

GNR88
Enthusiast

cad, I'm not sure I understand your question? please add an image or more information so i can help

GNR88
Enthusiast

Example of how this could be implimented, an extra drop down in the sketch environment format panel.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report