Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell option

Shell option

Good Afternoon,

Example. I’m laying out a part and analyzing the possibility of the part being molded instead of “hogging” out a lot of material. I request the shell function to create a .156 thick shell. Inventor, of course, lets me know it’s impossible to shell a tight spot where a quantity of “ 2” .156 thickness's will not fit. i.e. 2 pounds of meat for a roll that only holds 1 pound. I know I can change thickness’ in different walls but, Is there a way for inventor to…

A-     Realize it is too tight, and when so,

B-      Prompt user that “.156 thickness will not fit where indicated, for void fill in, press “yes” or to cancel operation press ”no”.” or something to that effect.

Do you get where I’m going with this? Where quantity 2 of .156’s won’t fit, inventor will fill in the space and shell where .156 thickness will fit. Instead of not being able to shell any of it.

I understand I can add the material and chip away to make it work, but just a thought.

Have a good day folks.

Michael D. Mullin Jr.

Mechanical Designer

Severn Trent Services

STWP Colmar

T: +1 215 997 3739

Email: mmullin@severntrentservices.com

Live Long and Prosper

4 Comments
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

OTEDAMA
Enthusiast

TO Autodesk Employees/Forum Admins:

Users such as me, see these issues on the forums, untouched after years of nothing happening to them...Such as this issue from 2013...Years and years of no response from Autodesk...so we give up.  It is not that we don't need or want an issue...we see it as pointless to ask or bring it up.  I think this is more of a dis-service to users like me, when an issue eventually gets ignored outright like you have above.  We were waiting patiently for years, waiting for this option...and then git an "S.O.L." from you.  Definitely does not make me want to raise improvements in the future...nor use these forums in general, when it won't get me anywhere.  IMO.

peteihis
Explorer

Oops. The above post does not belong to this thread. I asked mederator to remove it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report