Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetmetal Cut Normal using a Revolve or Extrude feature

Sheetmetal Cut Normal using a Revolve or Extrude feature

The ability to pick Cut Normal when using mainly a revolve feature is just as important as when using a cut feature.  There are many cases where the profile needed can not be generated with a cut feature and needs to be created using a revolve/sweep feature.

9 Comments
jletcher
Advisor

Again do a search before posting this has been asked...

I will not post link....

Koeppel1
Advocate

I looked and do not see any other post that pertains to using a cut normal with a revolve feature.  There are posts about having a cut normal but not with a revolved cut.

jletcher
Advisor

Same thing You could have just put a comment on it...

That is why they put comments in this so you can add to the idea....

Koeppel1
Advocate
The Autodesk guys told me to make it a new thread when I posted it.
jletcher
Advisor

Sure OK..

SteveMDennis
Autodesk
Yes we told Scott to do it this way. We actually don't like multiple things glommed together. They seem related to a user but the solutions are completely different in the code. This is why we asked him to do a new idea. To gauge how often this is needed vs. "regular" cut normal
Jaychale
Advocate

Do want.

An example: Making excavator buckets, to make the shell you do a contour flange and extrude it to planes that are at angles, sometimes compound angles.

The unfold>cut>Refold workflow is a huge waste of time.

And when designs are copied and the angles change it all piles up and wastes more time.

Plz do,

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report