Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
10 Kudos
Curtis_Waguespack

Sheet Set Manager for Inventor Drawings

by *Expert Elite* on ‎02-13-2013 09:11 AM

There is a need for many fabrication type design departments to create sheet sets for their drawings. Currently Inventor's multisheet drawings have a number of shortcomings for doing this. Something like AutoCAD's Sheet manager tool in Inventor would help with many of the issues. See this link:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/05/using-autocad-sheet-set-manager-with.html

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎02-15-2013 08:25 AM

The only drawback I see to sheet sets, is that in Vault, you have to print the dwf of each sheet one at a time.  With the Inventor multi sheet drawings, one click prints the dwf of all sheets.  I know Vault has a batch plot function, but that won't work on the Item Master dwf with the Watermark.  Put a batch plot function down on that window, and now we're cooking with gas.

by Mentor on ‎02-21-2013 07:08 AM

I'd love a sheet set feature as well.

At least in Autocad, if you have 6 layouts on a single dwg file, they are listed in the sheet set as separate sheets and you can easily print any one or combination of them. You are not restricted to printing all the sheets in a dwg.

We're using dwgs with inventor here and the sheets work just fine in autocad sheet sets, but you can't access all the sheet set parameters through Inventor, you've got to load the file up in autocad.

The only real issues this causes are having to use autocad for sheet set work.

Sure, I can use the Task Scheduler to print multiple sheets/files, but you wind up setting it up and adding whatever sheets you want/need every time. One of the things I love about sheet sets is being able to select any number/combination of sheets and shoot them to any printer i choose with maybe 2-3 clicks. No opening the files, no opening another program, no opening another dialog, just hover over the sheet set bar and boom, a couple clicks and the sheets are printing.

Something else that sheets sets would bring would be parameters that can be shared throughout a project. I can put job and customer info in my titleblocks using the sheet set. Then, I make a change in the sheet set paramters and instantly reflected on however many drawing sheets I have in the project in question whether it's 3 or 3000 sheets. There doesn't seem to be any real method of doing that in inventor right now.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube