Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Content Center Parts in Design Review

Section Content Center Parts in Design Review

Hi.

I would like to be able to use the Cross Section Tool in Design Review for Inventor Content Center parts. Today components like frames created with Frame Generator and Pipes created with Tube & Pipe environment will not be sectioned in the dwf file.

I do not know if this is an Inventor or Design Review issue but I post it here anyhow..

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know in the drawing mode, there's a right click option that allows you to select "section participation" since pipe and what not don't default to sectioning in the drawing.  Are you looking for something similar?

stefanbergsten
Contributor

As a Design Review user You have no use of parts not getting sectioned when using the section tool. The best would be that all models from Inventor should be sectioned in Design Review. An option in Design Review for section all would be second best from my point of view.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I presume there isnt a solution for this issue reading through the posts?

Come on Autodesk, this needs sorting as it essentially renders the cross section tool within Design Review useless when you have used a lot of content centre parts. Not a great advertisement for the software when most people using Design Review are non inventor users, typically higher up the engineering chain, and in positions where they are more lilely to have an influence on policy making for purchasing software.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report