Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save and Replace ALL Components

Save and Replace ALL Components

I use the save and replace component tool a lot but I'd like to see an extra option added to it. If there are multiple copies of part1 in an assembly and I want to replace them all with a new copy it takes two steps. First save and replace component one part1 and then do a replace all components on a remaining part1.

I would like to see the option to save and replace ALL componets. So it would create a copy of a part and replace all other instances at once.

12 Comments
melrosemobilehyd
Explorer

I just logged in to make this exact same request. When modifying existing designs to suit a new machine, I go through this process over and over again when tweaking components with very minor changes. This would really improve productivity.

mattboensch
Participant

This original suggestion is from 2014.  Any progress?

pball
Advisor

@mattboenschNot as far as 2020 is concerned. You could always use the VBA script I made and still use frequently to this day.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/vba-save-and-replace-all-instances-of-a-part/m...

tyas.swinnen
Advocate

I'm adding this to my signature, great idea!

(I use the VBA scripting a lot(!) for this one 🙂 )

luciano.massolin
Participant

In the save and replace command I would like to have a flag that allows you to choose whether to replace only the selected instance or all the instances present in the assembly.

pball
Advisor
luciano.massolin
Participant

Sorry for the duplicate idea. Before publishing I had searched but evidently I had not used the right keywords.

jvdrest
Contributor

How is this still not a function???

jsanzWP29P
Contributor

By the way, when you save and replace, the new name you've given the file, it doesn't rename the same name in the parts browser, it leaves the old name.

This happens without using the script

awesome work Autodesk
basic functionality still a top priority i see
bunch of muppets could do a better job than the dev team

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Many thanks for posting the idea, and tracked as [INVGEN-68323]

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2024.2. Please review the Inventor 2024.2 What's New article here. For more information regarding how you may leverage the feature, and please review this page. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report