Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMB Open Drawing from Vault

RMB Open Drawing from Vault

While working in a Vault project the ability to right click on the model tree and "Open Drawing" only looks for the drawing file in the local Vault directory. If I have not yet opened the drawing and checked it out the file will not be found.

This is a common workflow for me when making updates and revising parts. I will open a top level assembly and drill down to specific parts that will need changes. Then I can make my model changes and simply RMB and "Open Drawing" to revise the drawing.

Also when using this workflow you recieve the message warning that the local data is NEWER than the data in Vault, would you like to overwrite? Using the default selection will download the Vault drawing copy and overwrite all of the changes you made to the part file. This doesn't make any sense to me! 

7 Comments
hestrada
Explorer

I'm willing to have an answer for this post as well

Thanks

Horacio

NielsMaas
Enthusiast

Is there any news on this subject?

The open drawing function under the RMB is very useful but unfortunately not functioning when the .idw is in the vault and not in your local workspace.

bramruijter
Enthusiast

Still nothing? 

I thought vault was "fully integrated" this is a total bummer man.

The best thing i can think of wright now is 

Right click the model

Vault

Show details

If there is a drawing it pops up wright then and there.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

florian.pabst
Participant

Please make sure, that it is working with different filenames too!

limin.chung
Autodesk

Hi, 

Some possible solutions for this idea are currently under discussion on the NDA based Inventor Feedback/Beta forums. If you would like to contribute/validate then please apply for access using this link:

Thanks,

Limin

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This request has been implemented. Please check Autodesk Vault 2019.1 Update:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-2E9AD84E-1EFA-4AA2-9D4B-D716DFDA22B1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report