Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor revision cloud

Inventor revision cloud

I'd like to see a native Inventor tool to draw a revision cloud on a drawing. I know about the DrawingTools add-in, but this tool often gets very slow (when you draw large clouds). I also would like the functionality to draw a rectangular shape (or any other shape) which will be converted to a cloud.

Basically the same revision cloud tool which is already in AutoCAD.

Regards, Daniël

194 Comments
Storgaarden
Contributor

Hello Daniël.

I defenatly agree. This is a missing thing in inventor!

However, you say you have an add-in for it. It might be a slow one, but it works aparantly?

Where did you find this tool?

I have been searching, and it might just be me, but I have not been able to find anything useful.

Regards, Jakob.

djreesing
Advocate

Go to the SDK folder of your Inventor installation, eg. C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\SDK

In this folder there is a UserTools.msi file, run this file and it will extract. You should now have a UserTools folder inside the SDK folder. The UserTools folder contains the DrawingTools add-in. Register this add-in and you will have a revision cloud option in Inventor.

Regards, Daniël

Storgaarden
Contributor

Thank you very much. Was looking for add-ins without having the usertools installed, but now it's there.

Regards, Jakob.

whsanchezh
Community Visitor

Thanks, this tool is great, thanks again

Regards, William

djreesing
Advocate

Well it's not that great in my opinion. Hence the need for a native revision cloud in Inventor, similar to the AutoCAD one.

Re Daniël

jcox150
Contributor

I agree it needs to be updated from my use with previous versions... however now that we have updated to 2013, we cant get it to work. any ideas? im guessing there is a reason that it isnt registering.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

This project [US-50765] is under review by the development team.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US-50765]. Thanks!

haisin_rusli
Enthusiast

Good Post! Cat Happy

Regards,

Haisin Rusli

apmendes
Explorer

Inventor needs a more useful revision cloud tool. The one from the SDK addin is poor. I recently view a video of the revision cloud tool enhancement for Revit 2015 that has the functionallity that Inventor needs. Here's the link "http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.com/2014/03/my-top-4-revit-2015-new-features-plus.html".

Tags (1)
Devreese
Explorer

When I installed SDK, my BOM changed to the GOST-format, and as my Russian is not good enough, I had to uninstall the tools. is there a solution for this problem? And I do agree that the revision cloud should exist in the standard annotate ribbon.

Regards,

Frank

Rich.O.3d
Collaborator

i second that ... we had a big debate in 2006 about this and to be ignored for 9 years about basic functionality is a bit ordinary

andrewdroth
Advisor

It's ridiculous that technical drawing software in it's 20th version still doesn't have this functionallity.

Revision clouds are not a novelty when it comes to engineered drawings, they are common place.

admaiora
Mentor

It would be great the presence of the revision cloud tool as a default in the drawing file, without load it as SDK drawing tool.

rev.jpg

Tags (1)
hithere8
Enthusiast

Installed from SDK User Tool, however, could not find the button in Inventor 2015 & 2016.

Strongly suggest to make it default in Inventor as Revision Tag.

kmiller
Collaborator

Any update on when we may be able to see this implemented since the idea was accepted? 

rileybreed
Contributor

Been waiting for a native revision cloud feature for several years. The SDK add-in worked for a while, but not with 2017 Pro running Windows 10. I have attempted every fix suggested.

This is standard drawing format just like dimensions, how is this not part of the program in the first place?

Joel.Manrique
Advocate

I don't get how autodesk inventor work when it comes to implementing changes..I am currently running 2016 and these post are from 2013, I've seen them as being accepted and 3 years later not yet implemented?  that's just bad

justin.ware89
Contributor

It would be nice to have the ability to copy/paste Revision clouds made using the inventor add-in.

Tags (3)
hoser_71
Advocate

This feature is a long time coming.  The current tool gives poor previews, looks terrible, and cannot be edited.  I would love to see a tool similar to the one in AutoCAD. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report