Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve Hidden Lines in DWG

Retrieve Hidden Lines in DWG

I think it would be great if it were possible to only retrieve selected hidden lines the very same way you can retrieve dimensions in your DWG. Currently, you can turn them on, but you get everything. In some cases, it is beneficial to see only "4" hidden edges instead of the entire hidden assembly, every hole, chamfer, fillet, etc

2 Comments
kim.schroeder
Enthusiast

In an assembly view you can turn on/off hidden lines for just one or more single part(s).

You can also turn on/off visibility for separate hidden lines.

---

bushj
Contributor

I do agree that is an option and we've done it, but it also very "clumsy". First you have to drill down into the particular view of the DWG, into the assembly, and then into the part. When you turn them on, you get all the lines of that part. Still depending on the complexity of the part, it is possible to get a lot of un-needed lines. 

Here is an example that we came across. We will download 3rd party equipment models, that we purchase for the customer, but still need to show in assembly and the bom....something like a motor. We simplify the motor because it is a buy item, and will not be modified in any way by us. In hidden view, we might only want to show the outline of the motor. If we turn on the hidden lines of that part...there is a mass of complex hidden lines.

My option would be to temporarily flip the visibility of the hidden lines on, select the needed lines, and apply/ok it to the view. Then the all the unselected lines disappear again leaving only my needed hidden lines visible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report