Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
20 Kudos
jhunt107

Reorder Work Features and Component Patterns in Assembly browser

by Contributor jhunt107 on ‎11-07-2012 10:00 PM

I can not drag/reorder Work Features and Component Patterns in the assembly browser. I see no reason why this is not possible. Please fix this, thank you.

Accepted ideas [US15160] & [US15161]. Thanks!
Comments
by Contributor jhunt107 on ‎11-08-2012 09:17 AM

Also, Bolted Connections can't be reordered. WHY, WHY, WHY??? I presume other types of design accelerators have the same issue.

by Employee on ‎03-18-2013 01:49 PM
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted ideas [US15160] & [US15161]. Thanks!
by Distinguished Contributor DRoam on ‎06-21-2013 11:10 AM

Patterns also cannot be promoted/demoted to existing assemblies, and similarly for Tube & Pipe components. There's no reason why this shouldn't be possible, either, and it's a crucial feature in my opinion. Might we see this added any time soon?

by ak_staib on ‎01-14-2014 06:52 AM

Please fix. We have the same Problem here.

Thanks

by nick.spiers on ‎04-03-2014 04:56 PM

I'm trying to put a component pattern in a folder in the browser but unless the folder is at the bottom this can't be done. We have multiple folders in our base asemblies so we can copy design the base to a project and remove components specific to the project by removing appropriate folders. To make our lives easier we have the folders at the top of the browser but if component patterns are involved this doesn't work. Seems like a simple enough request. Would love to see some action on this.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube