Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reorder of Balloon Stack

Reorder of Balloon Stack

There should be an easier method when you have to add a balloon to an existing stack.  When you want them in numerical order, instead of removing the out of order balloons and then adding them back in including the addition,

you should be able to just add the balloon and select where in the stack you want to place it.

12 Comments
JamieVJohnson2
Collaborator

I agree, perhaps a simple bubble handle when highlighted, and allow us to drag the individual bubbles around in the stack.

jvj

Cadmanto
Mentor

That is what I was thinking as well.  Seems simple enough to do.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Definitely a workflow that could be improved. Accepted idea [US-474]. Thanks!

RobJV
Collaborator

I agree.  Would be nice to have some way of reordering balloons on drawing to make it easier to read and find in the BOM.  IE)  A command to order balloons from left to right on drawing or...

Rob

mcgyvr
Consultant

The day I have to order balloons like that is the day I get out of engineering/drafting.

Thats just way too OCD in my opinion.

Of course I also stopped using "item #" balloons a while back... I simply put the part number into the balloon instead of an item number. Makes it MUCH easier/quicker for my assembly people to navigate a drawing.

swhite
Collaborator

Yes, we use the balloonless balloon with part number on our production drawings and the balloon with Item # on our assemblies for calling out bolts, pins, or anything purchased. But our company isn't obsessed with the order, etc.

balloons.PNG

karthur1
Mentor

mcgyvr,

I have been wanting to eliminate the item no. also and just put the part number.  But some of our part no. are like 20+ characters long. They take up so much room on the idw that it really gets messy.

It is much easier not to have to use the item no....I agree with that totally.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status.  Changing this to Future Consideration.

Pate.MacKenna
Enthusiast

We use actual part numbers in our balloons, not item numbers, as well.  My fellow engineers have been longing for the ability to reorder a balloon stack by click-and-drag for years.  I would love to see this feature added!

isaac.wegnerHB5JU
Community Visitor

Having the ability to reorder balloons for called out part numbers. Having an option to reorder would be a great help and save a lot of time! Has there been any progress since 2018?

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

This has been tracked as [INVGEN-474] for investigation, and will keep you updated on the progress. Many thanks!

Pate.MacKenna
Enthusiast

Perhaps the best way to integrate this feature with the existing UI format would be to use the sorting method from the Parts List editor.  It would look something like this:

PateMacKenna_0-1686596070339.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report