Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove 'Double Click to Exit' from Inventor Icon / Main Menu

Remove 'Double Click to Exit' from Inventor Icon / Main Menu

Please give us the option to turn off the Exit command when the Inventor logo / icon is double clicked. This is a menace, not a feature.

Windows programs do use the program's logo to exit if double clicked, but the icon does not pull double duty as a menu button! Windows program's use the logo to duplicate the functionallity of the window sizing buttons on the right of the screen; nothing else.

Untitled.png

10 Comments
Generic
Advocate

Follow up:

Autodesk Vault follows the Windows convention...

Untitled.png

LT.Rusty
Advisor

I wish I could give more than one kudo to this.

Having the software exit on a double-click is INCREDIBLY dangerous in a world where Logitech - arguably the world's most common brand of mouse - exhibits random double-clicking as the most common failure mode.

dgorsman
Consultant

Not the best comparison - the first set of images is all Ribbon tab names, the Vault image is for a menu.  Both are different UI implementations.

Is this then a request for a "File" tab in Inventor, which duplicates the behavior of items under the Application icon?

Generic
Advocate

My apologies, you are correct; the Vault does not use the ribbon as the others examples do.

You are also correct in that I'd prefer that the "File" ribbon tab be reinstated as a separate entity from the application icon which duplicates the minimize, restore and close commands in the MS Office programs.

Short of that, I'd simply like the option to disable the close command on Autodesk's current hybrid application icon / ribbon tab thinga-ma-jig.

autodesk-MM
Enthusiast

Any reply from Autodesk regarding this problem???

Double clik that icon to exit is just stupid! Many times happened to me, to click that twice, then window popped out asking if I want to save- offcourse I dont want to save, why would I?? I wanted to choose something else.... So I am hitting that "NO" and suddenly inventor goes off- then only swearing comes to my mind or imagination of me, a chainsaw and autodesk boss, tied up to a chair.... hmm...  🙂

Honestly is it that difficult to get rid of that annoying feature and/or at least give an option to disable???

Robhus16
Explorer

I'm bumping this thread to increase the possibility for autodesk to make this function. 

It happens some times with me aswell, and it is really annoying when i have several files open.

aaespaul
Explorer

Just happend to me again.....

Please make the closing down on double click an option!!!

Or just remove it because who the hell would close a program like that it's just not natural.

Generic
Advocate

I'm happy to say that it looks like Autodesk has addressed this issue for Inventor 2017.

Check out the "What's New" list for the new release.

louise.cook84
Community Visitor

What about doing an update for older versions to remove this STUPID feature? Or at least give us the option to disable it! Highly irritating! (I am using Inventor 2014)

jswitze
Participant

This menu implementation is terrible.  With the delay you sometime have with the menu opening (even on a very fast computer) it almost leads you to double click.  I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't prompt you to save changes.  It just closes.

We are using 2016 Inventor.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report