Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rearrange positional and view representations in the tree

Rearrange positional and view representations in the tree

It would be nice to be able to move view and positional representation in the tree, just like I can move and rearrage parts in the assembly. position.jpg

16 Comments
Mario-Villada
Advocate

It would be nice if we could reorder positional representations in Inventor by drag and drop them to the desired order.

Tags (1)
mikeh7
Collaborator

Kudos quite often we create pos reps to generate views in order of assembly, use it to show stages of assembly.  Be nice when we add a new mid process step (new rep) that we could put it in order in the browser.

crmayo
Advocate
Mario-Villada
Advocate

Yes, quite similar, although it talks about LODs, so maybe they will implement this funcionality for both. (Lets Hope).

mcgyvr
Consultant

Just adding a request to allow reordering of View Representations also via drag/drop

krystianwiatr
Enthusiast

to add to this.. same thing with work features and patterns in the assembly.

Thanks.

jtylerbc
Mentor

Would be very nice - not having the ability to reorder representations can get very annoying.

FYI, there is also a similar idea posted for Levels of Detail.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Sorting-Levels-of-Detail/idi-p/4354692

krystianwiatr
Enthusiast

Thanks, I was looking to see if similar idea exist, but I searched for view and positional, as I'm not a big fan of lvl of detail, and I try to avoid this at any cost..

ic198
Advocate

Also it would be great to be able to reorder views in a drawing. I typically create kitsets as one drawing file and there can be 50+ parts in the kitset/views in the drawing. It would be useful to be able to reorder them so that they appear in the same order as in the project directory- makes it easier to check a part hasn't been missed!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [536]. Thanks!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [536]. Thanks!

SharkDesign
Mentor

As usual it's accepted and still not implemented. Was just going to ask if this was a bug as it seems like something obvious that you should be able to do. 

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2020.1. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

freesbee
Collaborator

Dear @dan_szymanski 

Have I understood it right? Is this idea "implemented" with 2020.1 ?

(would be a very exciting news for many users here)

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

That is correct - it appears we had two duplicate Ideas that never got properly merged.  This capability was delivered within Autodesk Inventor 2020.1.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report