Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-ordering content center pipe fittings in browser

Re-ordering content center pipe fittings in browser

Content center pipe fittings can't be  re-ordered or grouped into folders in the browser bar.  Also, these components can't be demoted.  Please fix

5 Comments
David_Early
Enthusiast

Be able to reorganise tube and pipe parts in subassembly's (Spools) for ease of drawing creation.

Inventor is often used in "skid building" for gas industry.

Standard piping software generates isometrics and is not easy to use. Because in these situations "skid building" there ar a lot of nozzles, branches, special inserts on short pieces of pipe. Fabrication rather works whit common mechanical drawings of each pipe-spool (a spool is a fabricated piece of pipe in the work shop).

On this moment it is not possible to make a drawing of each spool.

Tags (1)
David_Early
Enthusiast

Posted above some years ago, attempt to get under attention!!!!!

cheryl_sneddon
Advocate

Hi David,

I found this website: http://blog.ads-sol.com/2015/07/promote-demote-in-tube-and-pipe.html

where Adrian explained the situation you have.... I can totally relate to this.

I have been working with a client trying to find various ways to do this, including view representations, iAssemblies and BOM structure.

Unfortunately I cannot find a way to do this easily, I really hope that Autodesk address this soon.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report