Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR code support for Inventor iProperties and Text

QR code support for Inventor iProperties and Text

I'd like to request the ability to create a QR code directly in an Inventor drawing or as a "text" symbol to be used in a decal for parts (think laser printed labels, etc.). I'd like to be able to select iProprties to use in the code and have a symbol created directly on the drawing sheet or directly on the part as a decal.

Here's a rough concept:

Autodesk Inventor QR Code.png

Something like this:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aqrcodes%3a...

Related link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/qr-creator-for-IDW/m-p/3932755#M471480

15 Comments
fgarcia90
Enthusiast

Yes it would be great to have something to put text, links or other in a IDW so it generates a QR pic somewhere we click in the drawing.

Hope you find and share a solution!

Thanks

FG

Michael.Navara
Advisor
craigen
Community Visitor

Michael, do you know how to automatically create the QR code using text instructions or something similar, i wish to add a block onto my drawing template that will automaically read the part number and creation date and display a QR code for this.

Michael.Navara
Advisor

You can use XTools for this. For details see XTools Users guide and Samples installed with this tool.

In background you create first iProperty with expression (For example =<Part Number><Creation Date>) and XTools on save converts this text result to combination of "white space", "black space" and line break symbol and set this text to second iProperty. When you display this second iProperty like any other and set special text format the result looks like a QR code. Thts all.

tmoney2007
Collaborator

This would be a great feature.  I would like to convince my company to put a QR in the title block for our customer drawings at some point in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As for creating qr code, I find a good barcode site where various qr code generators can be found. I find it through Google. Share it with you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any QR code generator, that doesn't add anything else to your Inventor?

For me, I really don't need the other options from X-Tools, since I'm using Naviate (from CAD-Q) and using X-Tools might cause some problems..

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

A long time since the idea came into being. Probably too demanding? :-)))

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor
dusan.naus.trz
Advisor
dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

It would be interesting to create for Bill of Materials and Part List

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/new-bill-of-materials/idc-p/9415486#M38620

pbogucki
Enthusiast

Since qrcodes and other barcodes are more popular than ever, having native tool for QR generation based on iProperties and text is almost mandatory. Usage of this feature is probably underestimated mainly by difficulties with implementation.  Once it will be easier to implement, lot of companies would start using it on daily basis.

I hope it will be implemented to inventor natively, not trough 3rd party addins.

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [55699]. Thanks!

Muchas gracias por considerar esta opción es muy útil para la fabricación de taller.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report