Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put Paste (Special) command in Right Click Menu

Put Paste (Special) command in Right Click Menu

One of the things that annoys me the most is the poor functionality (or sometimes entirely missing! Smiley Frustrated) of the paste-command in the context menu. This besides the fact that copying/pasting of Microsoft Office items (especially Excel tables!) doesn't give the fidelity and user friendliness you'd expect from two leading, giant IT brands...

For example: When copying cells/range from an Excel sheet you need to click at least 4 times and travel a great distance with your mouse to paste it in your drawing:

- Copy cells

- Switch to Inventor window

- Select tab Tools

- Select sub group Clipboard

- Select Paste Special

- Select Paste With Link

- Select OK

It would be a better solution to copy the item you wish to paste in the drawing, go to your Inventor drawing, right click to context menu, select "Paste" or Paste with link" (see image below) and place what you've copied. So: no clicking too much and no excessive travelling with your mouse.

Context Menu Paste Special

2 Comments
miechh
Collaborator

I'm missing the image that I attached previously. Here it is...Context Menu Paste Special

dag_h
Contributor

Inserting tables is still a pain in Inventor 2017, despite it working pretty well in Autocad for years. Fixing the linking through "Insert Object" or making a table editor that isn't awful would be preferrable, but making paste special more accessible is a good stopgap.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report