Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch 'Project Cut Edges' of selected Surface or Solid Bodies

Sketch 'Project Cut Edges' of selected Surface or Solid Bodies

'Project Cut Edges' would be more user friendly if it included an option to cut just the edges of a 'selected body' (surface & solids). This would be particularly useful in complex multi-bodied parts designs. Currently I dislike this tool as often too many unnecessary references are projected.

Project Cut Edges.png

6 Comments
stevec781
Collaborator

Project Cut edges currently cuts everything that crosses the sketch plane.  Give us the ability to select only the faces that we want to cut, and when done in context at assembly level, make it associative.

ic198
Advocate

I find Project Cut Edges too unstable to use, at least in part for the reasons you describe. If I want to get this result I'll create a 3D sketch first and create Intersections and then project those in to the 2D sketch, but that is two commands when one should do.

I'd ideally like to be able to use Project Cut Edges on individual faces, or on work planes that aren't normal to the sketch (instead of having to create an axis first)

AttilaFarkas
Advocate

Great idea! I want this function now!

It should be great if it works the same way in assembly when using crosspart projection.

PaulMunfordUK
Enthusiast
PaulMunfordUK
Enthusiast
AnthonyHarris90842
Collaborator

Its been years that we been asking for this but Autodesk just ignores us and gives us all sorts of other shitty features we don't need

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report