Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print "Current Window" should print the window

Print "Current Window" should print the window

When I am printing an idw and I use the print "Current Window" option in the print dialog, I do not get what I expect.  I have to zoom in on the area (and pan the view) in order to get the area that I want. In Autocad, it is much easier to print the view.  I have attached a PDF showing my results when I print in Inventor and Autocad.

Thanks,

Kirk

7 Comments
lesmfunk
Collaborator

9 months and only 4 votes? I guess non-AutoCAD users don't know what they're missing.

Not only is the Current Window option faulty, but there also needs to be a print selected window option. Right now I have to use Snipping Tool to .jpeg to get the exact window I'm looking for.

As much as I liken AutoCAD to the Model T, this is one thing they got right.

karthur1
Mentor

"As much as I liken AutoCAD to the Model T, this is one thing they got right."

Yea.... that and the "Plot Stamp".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Window Print.JPG

sergio.missori
Advocate

I have the same problem on Inventor 2016. Designers that still use also AutoCAD have a very bad feeling from these kind of lacks in Inventor.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

sec_autodesk
Explorer

Still it is same in Inventor 2020

No enhancement about this.

"Select window" option is very necessary as AutoCAD has it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report