Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presesntation Evironment Browser Use Assembly Browser Folders

Presesntation Evironment Browser Use Assembly Browser Folders

In the browser of my assemblies I often create "folders" for the parts to simplify the browser and to group parts together for easy selection and to group parts logically based on function.

I would like the Presentation environment's browser to use the folders and part order that I create for my assemblies.  The Presentation environment is weak in part selection and the use of folders would make selecting parts and browser navigation easier.

Please see the attached images for an assembly browser with folders and the same assembly in the presentation environment without the folders.

Notice in the images how the presentatoin browser changes the order of the parts.

14 Comments
thyzsz
Contributor

The presentaion environment is bad anyway.

To create an easy exploded view is not easy and, if you made a mistake, you have to search for every tweak individually to adjust them. It should be easier with Browser folders or grouping the parts that have the smae tweaks. (not only in the video rec environment)

I would like an easyer exploded view system and maybe not in a different environment but straight in the assembly. With another LOD or View Rep.

Even in GrabCad or TeamPlatform sharing sites is it easier to exploded a view!!

Also Inventor publisher is easier, but i dont want to buy another €1500,- software package. And i want my explodeds on a drawing. Not in a presentaion or pdf file!

-niels-
Mentor

This is also part of the idea i posted, i saw you already voted on that too so returning the favor in hopes of presentations getting their deserved attention.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US-49645]. Thanks!

eladm
Collaborator

Hi

When insert Assembly to ipn file, the folder in  IAM browser will be shown also in the ipn browser - it will easy to tweak group of parts/components

GÖÖÖ
Advocate

Hi everyone!

my wish or idea is to change the Folder presentation shown in pic.

usefull options would be changing colour or Icon.

what do you think?

Autodesk Inventor 2016 - [375854_Gestell_520455.jpg

best regards

DRoam
Mentor
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status.  Changing this to Future Consideration.

nseelig
Participant

It would be nice to have the ability to group parts and subassemblies.

One could select parts and subassemblies make them a group and then you could quickly toggle them on and off or hide everything put them. You could create groups so you could quickly create a presentation for the boss or client but quickly turning a large amount of parts on and off.

rmckenna0315
Enthusiast

Can't you do what you want with folders in the browser? In an assembly, right click in a blank space, "Create New Folder". Then move the stuff you want into that folder, rename folder.

jingyi.liu
Alumni

Hi @nseelig

As mentioned above, assembly folder is helpful to group components. If you need it for presentation, please cast your vote to below idea.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/presesntation-evironment-browser-use-assembly-browser-...

Regards,

nseelig
Participant

Thanks guys! Forgive me I'm still brushing off the cobwebs and if I get an idea I want to get it out there asap. I thought I couldn't be the only one that wanted to do that! 🙂

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

randy_hutchison
Contributor

Entire browser, including folders, should come across to Presentation exactly as created.

Thank you for posting this, though it was in 2013 and it is now 2023.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report