Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to customize default settings of "Place Constraint" dialog box

Possibility to customize default settings of "Place Constraint" dialog box

Users reported that it could be helpful to "customize" default preferred settings of the "Place Constraint" dialog box (Type and Solutions).

In fact, adding constraints in an assembly is a very frequently used operation and the possibility to customize the default settings ("type" and "solution") of this box could be really time saver.

Adding customization could be in Application Options or directly inside the Place Constraint dialog box.

forum.png

As an example, the "solution" of angle constraint is set by default to "explicit reference vector".
And for some users, setting back by default to "referenced angle" could be very helpful.

An alternative proposition of enhancement could be that Inventor remembers the latest "type" and "solution" of constraint used.
When a new constraint is generated, Inventor could proposed directly in the place constraint dialog box the latest used "type" and "solution".

Many Thanks
Best Regards

2 Comments
bofeldtj
Contributor

Absolutely agree with this. Need to extend it a little bit though. I use keyboard short cuts alot, so "CO" brings up this the mentioned dialog box. It would be great if I could do "CO1" to do the first contraint type and "CO2" to do the second etc or something similar.

a_sima
Enthusiast

You have my vote!.

Why is not possible to align of two parts by axis and only by mate constraint? Or , why not make mate cone on cone eliminate the need of the third constraint?

Inventor should remember a lot more user's settings or selections.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report