Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place Inventor in Acad Modelspace

Place Inventor in Acad Modelspace

I would like the parts that I place  through Layout, From inventor, get inside Acad Model Space.
The parts should be placed on a scale of 1:1
Then I place it with a viewport in the acad layout.
There should be more different Inventor parts  placed in the same acad model space.
One can then work with multiple layouts and the parts are always scaled 1:1.

When you insert a part now it will be placed on a layout and not in Modelspace.
If you wants to work on a scale of 1:1 you should be scaling the layout.

If you now draw a line or cirkel in that layout you can not measure because it wil be scaled to the scale you used.

5 Comments
mrattray
Advisor

Try doing your export from Inventor into a .dwg file. This will give you the results your looking for.

jletcher
Advisor

Try using mechanical and the inventor link...

j.vanderheijden
Collaborator

When i use Mechanical it also place the part in a layout and not in modelspace.

j.vanderheijden
Collaborator

When i export the part comes in modelspace but i can't make Projected and section views.

And when i change the part in inventor it dusn't update in acad.

So both ways is not an option.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes.

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea