Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place Fitting From a Different Run

Place Fitting From a Different Run

I would like to be able to click on a fitting from a run that I am not working on to use with the "Place Fitting" command in a run that I am working on. Currently I have to get the fitting from the content center or library and place it in the run, and then I can click the fitting and then click place fitting for it to place in that fitting without having to search for it.

7 Comments
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

@shawn.payne, When you select the fitting in another run which you are not working on from browser, and click place fitting, it will work fine.

You could also change the selection filter to part priority, and the fitting in another run which you are not working on can be selected. It will work fine when clicking place fitting.

Does it work fine for you?

shawn.payne
Advocate

It will work, but once you do that there are problems. After you go to part priority and select a part from a different run and place it in it starts having issues selecting parts in the run you are working in. If you are working inside a run before you do that you can select parts while still in component priority. Once you do that it starts to not work and you have to go to part priority to select parts in the run you are working in. If I do select a part and place it in from a non active run I will select it again and place it from the library to get a "fresh part". It seems like the parts might have some kind of back end problem when I do it from another run. Sometimes you can click edit orientation and the arrows don't appear. Their must be some behind the scenes file or database and it doesn't like getting parts from anther run.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk

@shawn.payne, I am using Inventor 2019, and it works for me based on your new workflow. Could you provide a video for the workflow, and make sure we are in the same page? 

shawn.payne
Advocate
shawn.payne
Advocate

Maybe it's when the part is right clicked on and copied instead of clicking on it and placing a new one from the library.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

@shawn.payne the issue in the attached video is reproducible, and it has been tracked as [INVGEN-17466]

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2020.3, 2021 & 2022. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report