Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place an iMate when creating an iFeature

Place an iMate when creating an iFeature

It would be a great feature to be able to place an iMate on an iFeature.

For instance I'm modelling small well's with iFeature's on a concrete surface. The wells are to be covered with aluminum lids and it would speed up my work a whole lot to place out the lids with iMate's attached to the iFeature.

As it is now I have to manually place the iMates and it takes a lot of time.

9 Comments
djreesing
Advocate

Indeed it would be great if we could include iMates in the iFeature creation. For instance this would make it a lot easier to constrain bolts to slotted holes.

Daniël

michel.beaulieu
Explorer

Please add them to Punches as well!!

BrandonW9
Advocate

I agree... we spend a lot of time creating and editing a custom macro to do this. It should be included functionality!

pball
Advisor

I'd like to add a vote but sadly this idea got archived. Ideas like this are what would make Inventor users happy to see in a new features list.

florescu.d95
Enthusiast

I have noticed it has been discussed some years ago here but I think it's worth another try.

Basically when extracting an iFeature having the ability to save an iMate with that would save a lot of time.

For example I am mostly working with sheet metal parts, most common cut-outs are saved as punches.

It would be greatly beneficial to have iMates attached to the punch and when creating an assy just having to follow the iMates workflow as opposed to manually creating constraints every time.

Tags (2)
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Bohusgjuteriet
Contributor

Ha, kinda funny that my 10 year old idea suddenly bounces alive!

Hope it gets included in a future release 🙂

florescu.d95
Enthusiast

Hi @Bohusgjuteriet, we have to thank @dan_szymanski.

I had a similar idea and Dan merged the two.

Fingers crossed 🤞

Bohusgjuteriet
Contributor

Hi @florescu.d95  - correct you are - cudos to @dan_szymanski!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report