Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
37 Kudos
JaroslavSereda9518

Piping in Inventor - All designers of pipe runs of the world - unit !!!!

by JaroslavSereda9518 on ‎11-12-2013 01:47 PM

If you want to make design with various type of pipes I need that functions :

1. welding pipes - to have possibility to use elbows - not only 90, 45°but 15, 30°-  generally all types of angle

2. to have possibility to use style pipes with insulations - various types of material, thickness

3. to simplify  creation of piping runs, copying them for another purpose

4. to create automatically isometric design of piping runs

5. to have possibility to use supporting elements, fastening, support of physics for designing of fastening elements

6. to use  I-logic for piping

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎11-13-2013 02:38 PM

Add P&ID's in there with your ISO's and I'd be just THRILLED!

by Valued Contributor jberns ‎11-14-2013 08:03 AM - edited ‎11-14-2013 08:04 AM

Correct T&P errors in Content Center Library. (Incomplete or inaccurate descriptions, reducers for example)

AutoDrop - determine the correct size of fitting instead of requiring designer to remember size, schedule, etc.

Regards,

Jerry

by Active Contributor finnurp on ‎02-28-2014 02:59 AM

In real life you just cut any elbow to the angle you need.

There should also be a "relax rule" button - e.g. If you have a 25 m long welded pipe run and there is f.ex. a 20 mm difference in height between start and end you have a problem in inventor. In real life you do not.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube