Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern/Mirror more solid or surface body in one step

Pattern/Mirror more solid or surface body in one step

When we use the multibody environment in many cases we have to pattern or mirror more body with the same inputs (distance, direction, mirror plane, etc.). Now I can select only one solid in this commands. For example if I want to pattern 10 body in the same direction and using same spacing than I have to create 10 independent pattern. This increases the history and its circumstantial to make them associative for each other. I can create user parameters for count and spacing and use it in every pattern but its not the best solution.
So it would be a really powerful solution if we can select multiple body in the pattern or mirror command.

3 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted ideas [US15175] [US15176]. Thanks!
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016 (for Patterns & Mirror). Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.

martin.madaj
Advocate

Hi everybody,

it's good the idea has been implemented - it works. But I have one enhancement proposal to this idea which came from my customer's experience (I can confirm it). If you have a Pattern or Mirror already created and you need to add another body to that feature, you also have to select bodies that are already mirrored or patterned. This behaviour is tedious because it's like you would create the mirro or pattern feature almost completely from scratch again.

Thanks, Martin.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report